Current Job Openings
Director of CommunicationsSubmit your cover letter and resume by email here.
Job Title: Part Time Director of Communications
Report To: Executive Director
Position Description: Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, social media, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate CCT’s mission. The Director of Communications will ensure that CCT is viewed as the primary service organization in Charlotte for people impacted by incarceration.
The Director of Communications will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
The Director of Communications will work closely with the Development Director to ensure CCT’s fundraising goals are met.
Position Status: 1. Exempt ___ Non-Exempt _X__ 2. Excludes benefits
Work Schedule: The work schedule is flexible and may be completed mostly from home. Typically 4 hours a day Monday – Friday any time between 8am and 5pm. Hours may be adjusted to interface with the community, employers, clients and volunteers. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required for special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network’s discreet audiences in collaboration with the CCT team and constituents
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Maintain communications vehicles to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, video, e-mail, social media, and website
- Manage volunteers, freelancers, and contractors as needed to complete communications projects
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Manage social media accounts—ensure that engaging and timely content is posted regularly, place ads as needed, and analyze results.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Coordinate with the Development Director to promote and support fundraising campaigns and events
- Manage all media contacts
- Monitor local and national press and policy related to CCT’s work
- Coordinate outreach/awareness raising events
- Represent CCT at various community events as needed
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal relations, and public relations skills
- Strong social media management skills
- Well-organized individual able to lead multiple projects at once while staying on deadline
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about criminal justice and reentry issues for people with criminal records and their families
- Must be able to work independently and solve complex problems using own judgment/discretion
- Flexible, persistent, patient and able to work from home
- Excellent computer skills (Google Drive Applications, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Powerpoint, Etc.)
- Knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML
- Basic Graphic Design
- Basic Understanding of Video Editing
- 1+ years social media management experience
- Proficient in email marketing with familiarity with MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends (depending needs of Programs)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple communications projects from conception to completion
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience as a communications or PR professional
Confidentiality: CCT employees have an obligation to respect the privacy of CCT clients and to keep information obtained in confidence.